Monday, August 15, 2022

I want to be famous on the Twitter': Fredericton dad goes viral after daughter's tweet

reposted from https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/i-want-to-be-famous-on-the-twitter-fredericton-dad-goes-viral-after-daughter-s-tweet-1.5937034 'I want to be famous on the Twitter': Fredericton dad goes viral after daughter's tweet Alyson Samson Alyson Samson CTV News Atlantic Video Journalist Follow | Contact Updated June 8, 2022 11:27 a.m. EDT Published June 7, 2022 6:10 p.m. EDT Share facebooktwitterreddit More share options A Fredericton father has gone viral overnight, amassing hundreds of thousands of "likes" on Twitter, after his daughter tweeted about a conversation they had. "So we have Sunday dinner almost every week and we were just sitting around the dinner table and talking about social media and the difference between Instagram and Twitter," Elizabeth Kearns said. "And dad thought that Twitter was just words and when I explained no, you can put your picture up, he said, ‘Well I want to be on the Twitter,'" she said. So Kearns tweeted a photo of her father, Mike Ross, and the likes started rolling in. But the newfound fame hasn't convinced Ross to make his own account just yet. "No and I don't intend to," Ross said. "I mean, Elizabeth asked me what would I be happy with, and I said, 'Oh, if five people like me or like the tweet then that's success,'" he said. Now, with about 300,000 likes, and more than 4,000 comments Tuesday afternoon, people all over the world have jumped on board the wholesome post from the dad and daughter duo. "It's like a snowball," Kearns said. "It's absolutely amazing and as I said to Elizabeth, where are these people? Ireland, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the United States -- the reach and the speed of the reach is mind-blowing," Ross chimed in. Watching the numbers grow and comments roll in has become a bonding activity for the pair. With many Twitter users asking to adopt Ross as their dad, it has also prompted Kearns to pause and reflect. "I realize how lucky I am to have my dad in my life and it's just, this is just one of those silly special fun memories that we're going to laugh about for a long time," Kearns said. They’re also hoping to bring some positivity to the internet, which can sometimes have a negative side. And Ross has this to say to all his newfound fans. "Just be kind to one another and do random acts of kindness, be kind in what you say and what you do. Just be kind." RELATED IMAGES Report an error Report an error Editorial standards & policies Editorial standards & policies Why you can trust CTV News Why you can trust CTV News

No comments:

Post a Comment